Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Try These Cookies For Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

 Cookies often are relegated to the role of snack-time treats or desserts. Nothing wrong with desserts. I enjoy eating them when I can. And that's how some cookies, like these Oatmeal Maple Cookies, should be viewed.

  I typically will cook two dozen oatmeal raisin cookies and divide them into snack baggies. Some I store in my car for quick, energy-boosting snacks when I'm running errands and don't have time for a sit-down meal. Some I keep for lunch. Some I give away to family and friends.

  If you don't have maple syrup called for in this recipe, don't worry. These cookies are a treat with or without it.

 Keep in mind you can adapt this recipe to your taste. I add dried cranberries or brown and golden raisins.  Give it a try and share your thoughts here.


No comments:

Post a Comment