Thursday, April 10, 2014

Make The Perfect Panini Sandwich


I'm no longer a big bread eater. Though when I do eat bread, I want it to be part of an unforgettable sandwich. I made just that sandwich after discovering panini slims, bread sold at Trader Joe's. I've made this sandwich for dinner and lunch, and I've varied the contents depending upon what's in my refrigerator. Each time, the sandwich was spectacular if I may say so myself. 

If you have 15 minutes to spare, you can make this sandwich, too. Here are the instructions:
Coat the inner side of bread with butter. I used my homemade basil-flavored butter. Grill both sides of the bread, about two minutes on each side.


 

Add a layer of cheese then a layer of spinach. Cook for a minute. Add a layer of meat on one slice of panini, and add cheese on the other slice. Cook 30 seconds before placing the slices together. Press the slices together and cook on each side for about 30 seconds. Serve whole or cut in half or quarters.






No comments:

Post a Comment