Saturday, April 5, 2014

South Loop: Where To Find Good Food and Great Blues


After a hectic three days, I needed a reprieve. I needed a place to relax, disconnect from work, and enjoy a good meal while listening to soothing music. The first place that came to mind was Buddy Guy's Legends in the South Loop.

A friend and I decided to make it a mid-week escape and stopped by on a Wednesday. My friend ordered ribs. I ordered the chicken creole linguine with a side salad, which hit the spot. I've eaten at Buddy Guy's Legends before, but I hadn't paid as much attention to the food portions during previous visits as I had this night. My portion-awareness is heighten as I travel my journey to develop a healthier lifestyle.


Anyway, I had what essentially amounted to four servings. I ate one serving then packed up the rest, which became my lunch and dinner the next day. So from a value position, the food is well worth the money. That makes the live music that more enjoyable.

You can check out Buddy Guy's live music in person (there is a cover charge) or
listen via livestreaming within the comforts of your home.The livestreaming has a nominal fee.




No comments:

Post a Comment