Tuesday, August 5, 2014

What's Your Favorite Ice Cream Flavor?

Ice Cream (photo credit: Toni)
Every so often, go off the rails! Do something you probably shouldn't. I say that with a wink and a smile.

But really. Be decadent. Buy rather than create. Don't count the fat or the calories and ignore the pricetag. You don't need an excuse or an emotional escape. You deserve it -- every so often.

I'm not a chocoholic. I don't have much of a sweet tooth. But when I decide to be food-naughty, as I like to call the behavior, I splurge on a summertime favorite -- ice cream. And not just any flavor.

I love Haagen Dazs' Rum Raisin ice cream. It makes me smile. It was No. 1 on my favorites list until I recently discovered their Bourbon Pecan Praline flavor. I have to confess. The first night I tasted this treat I ate the entire carton.

Yep! I have to own that one. I cleaned that carton down to the crevices, a first for me. But this flavor is so good I'm tempted to write the company and plead for it to move from limited edition to a regular. It is that good. Maybe, I'll just post something on the company Facebook page.
My advice: If you see it in your grocery freezer, grab it. You will not be disappointed.

I've read America's most popular ice cream flavor is vanilla, which has switched places with chocolate during the past few years. Those flavors are followed in ranking by butter pecan, Rocky Road and Neapolitan flavors. Neither one of those has ever made my favorites list.
 
My favorite flavors in this order are:
Bourbon Pecan Praline
Rum Raisin
Pralines 'N Cream
Dulce de leche

What is your favorite flavor?

No comments:

Post a Comment